Living for the moment no matter your age......

9:00:00 AM

MamaCare Monday




With Mothers Day looming just around the corner, it was amazing to see the ultimate mama, my "big mama" a.k.a my Grandmother, live in the moment and have the opportunity to take a chartered bus to DC to visit the new Natural History Museum of African American history and culture, https://nmaahc.si.edu/.  Although the museum opened September 2016, and there have been tons of visitors since, for my grandmother to be able to come full circle from the generation she was born in to seeing the this beautiful building erected and inside, installations acknowledging all of the major contributions African Americans have made to this country in arts, music, history, sports, literature, and so on had to be one of the most proudest moments in my nannie's 80+ years on this earth. What made the trip even more special was her first born daughter ( my mother) took her on the trip when Obama was just about to leave the oval office, so she was able to visit Washington with him still serving as our leader of the free world.




Seeing the pictures of my mother and grandmother together sight seeing around our capital, visiting historical monuments, getting to be there while Obama was still in office, and having the pleasure to visit the new museum with a huge grin and smile on her face.......priceless, and warms my heart to a whole other level. Before you know it, you look up and you are ten years older and I know I have questioned myself lately, am I living in the now? making sure every moment counts? Not wasting my happy worrying about things that are out of my control?






Trying to avoid sounding like an after school special, but its true the saying, tomorrow is not promised to anyone so it was completely inspiring to see my grandmother do something she always wanted to do in her senior years.  Mind you she doesn't like really leaving her house nor taking airplanes or even traveling period for that matter, but she moved out of her comfort zone, took a leap of faith and had an amazing trip! A mother of six, grandmother to 12, and a great-grandmother to 4, my "Big Mama" is living her life to the fullest, letting it be know via her actions, its never too late..... make and/or take your mommy moment starting now, doing something you always wanted to do being mindful and present. What activities, events, and/or places you might have been wanting to do or visit? reply back, I would love to hear! Remember mamas invest in yourself so you may continue to invest in others.....Until next Monday.
  

You Might Also Like

0 comments